Free remote consultation
Your oral hygiene
Your smile is one of the first things someone will notice about you, so don’t let the state of your teeth stop you from making a great first impression. At Allsopp Orthodontics, our oral hygiene appointments will help to keep your teeth in the best condition possible.
Why is your oral health important?
Oral hygiene isn’t just important for your teeth and gums; it’s important for your overall health. By not following a regular daily oral health care routine, you could suffer from dental decay, bad breath, tooth loss and gum disease. Further problems could include lung conditions, strokes, heart disease, diabetes and even mouth cancer.
Top tips for oral hygiene
Follow our top tips to improve your dental and oral hygiene:
- Brush at least twice a day
- Floss at least once a day
- Use a mouthwash each day
- Use a plastic tongue scraper or soft brush to clean your tongue
- Chew sugar-free gum after each meal
- If you wear dentures, an orthodontic appliance or have a bridge, clean thoroughly as directed
- Drink plenty of water
- Schedule regular dental check-ups at least twice a year